A Little of this and that.....

Wednesday, January 13, 2016


No More Peanut Butter Sandwiches

Jeff Davidson

I am not a parent, or a grandparent, of a child with special needs but this book "No More Peanut Butter Sandwiches" really spoke to my heart.  It lets you peek into the lives of parents with special needs children and their community.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to know a little more about special needs children or may be in a relationship with someone with a special needs child.  I think it will encourage any reader who may fit in this category. 

I also think if you do not know what it is like to have a child with special needs this will help you find some perspective on it and how to better relate to those you know who do.  I also think it is a great find for parents who are raising kids with special needs of any kind.   The author has a son with various special needs but even if we are not in that situation we can relate to them in the knowing of what it is like as we journey through our life.

It will also make you think hard and look at the way you treat others regardless of their different abilities.  This book made me think about my relationship with loved ones, friends and with God. We may find out that the best things in our lives are the hardest struggles of all.  This book motivates me to be a better friend, neighbor, parent, grandparent, person, and Christian!

This book was provided as a complimentary copy through Book Crash for my honest review.

No comments: